Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Don't F*ck With Old Man Winter!!

There is nothing that bugs me more than cold feet!
.. and there's nothing worse to add to the cold than the wet!
Bleh! cold and wet feet.. !omg :.. *insert childhood memory of coming home (soaked) after playing in the snow.
Sooooo today's snowfall triggered in me a need for funky, gunky, and extra waterproof boots! I only have one good pair of waterproof boots and those are my brown Hush Puppies.. but I don't want to wear 'em out cuz they're my fave comfy shoes! The others boots I own are leather> so they're water resistant, meaning that they let in water when they feel like it lol. This is my winter boot collection thus far:1. My Ankle Aussie's (from Australia), 2. My Steve Madden horse back riders (for riding the horse I don't have haha), 3. Hush Puppies, 4. My pointers, 5. S.M. (again) knee-high boots.

Aneways, I wasn't looking for smtn expensive (who's lookin @ brand names when its freakin slushy outside) but smtn warm, safe, and practical. So my best bet was Wal Mart lol! and I was pleasantly surprised (as I often am when I bargain shop) at the waterproof boot selection! I tried on these masculine, army looking, black boots that reached the knee. They were sooo cool and screamed the 80's. However, there was an issue with how they felt when I tried 'em on..so I didn't get 'em. I did get these other boots.. and at first glance I rejected to touch them. They were "prissy/girly"... but soooo comfortable! So I said Efff the snow flakes, I can make them work =) .. oh and they were reduced from 70$ to 40$ too!

No comments: