Sunday, January 25, 2009

Confessions of a ... part 2

So after I bashed the book "Confessions of a Shopaholic".. I came to the conclusion (after a heavy week of shopping) that I AM A SHOPAHOLIC in denial!

Ok ok. I'm not into the high priced shit and I don't necessarily follow all the trends.. but damn when I see a good deal or if there's somewhere hot to go and I have nothing to wear.. I JUST GO ALL OUT and SHOP!
I think I fall into the category of a "Recession Chick".. or being "recession chic" (http://www.chicintuition.com/).. proven by the following thought process :

So after being told on a night out (by someone who shall remain anonymous) that he/she didn't find my hoodie attractive, it got my wheels turning.. "I don't have any sweaters or good clothes for the colder months!". Well, maybe I do have 'some' nice things.. but pffttt they're worn out n flat from the previous winters (haha). Besides, me "not having" anything to wear was a perfect reason to get out to the mall n just float lookin at shit ;).

If I just happened to stummble upon smtn I liked.. it wouldn't hurt to try it on... 'n then possibly buy it.. and on my debit card of course. I like knowing that my purchases are mine from the moment I check it out. I hate having to wait a whole month to own smtn that I've already worn.. 'n pay for it on my visa.. cuz the amounts just pile higher 'n higher. That whole moment of seeing your bank account healthy and then depleted by the visa bill is just so depressing for me. I would literally grouch and bitch all day cuz the wait for another pay cheque is soo long.. Behold the miserable 2 weeks. Ugh...

So anewho, I went to a few stores and couldn't find anything that I liked and within my budget. I saw a couple of hoodies I liked for 60$ each. But I thought to myself.."my hoodie days are over, I want smtn' for the long run.. pfftt and cheaper!". So when I saw that Jacob was having a sale I barged in and was in heavveen! They had soo many rad sweaters and turtle necks and ponchos with little Nunavut designs.. and the best part was that they were reduced from 60$ to 20$ or 30$. SCORE!

So long story short.. I just happened to jump onto a nice sale.. saw smtn I liked.. tried it on.. and just happened to have my debit card with me. I eft the store with 4 sweaters .. and I got a chic re-usable bag for only a dollar (which originally cost 6$) HA!

Then I spotted smtn that I was after for the longest time! I was after a white sheer shirt with ruffles on the front which I saw on Gossip Girl (Blair wore it once> season two). I saw a very similar shirt in Mendocino for 70$ (it was on sale for 70.. *sigh). But I just had to have it cuz it was so cute! But no. I didn't get it for 70$.. that's so not me. In Forever 21 I stummbled upon a black shirt with slightly smaller ruffles.. for 30$. But it just didn't flow for me.. and it had a "butt ballerina piece" attached to it (an extended piece that you have to button at your crotch lol). Creative.. but too much work. So I went to UB and in a pale pink I found what it was I was looking for. Best part was that it was for 25$. YES!

A little more work goes a looonnggg way!

My fluffy shirt alongside one of my sweater purchases (the sweater I actually purchased at Tristan & America for 30$ reduced from 60$ lol).



Next on my shopping list: double layered necklace with a peace sign and tree (which I found at Urban Outfitters).. and maybe a bag (one with fringes which I saw at Forever 21)!

No comments: