Thursday, December 4, 2008

To You, My Friend

What happened to you, my friend.

Where have you gone, why have you left me?

Lonely and empty is my life without you here.
Your smile, your cheap jokes, I loved you dear.

Where did you go? Why did we part?
How did this happen, such a burden on my heart.

Were we nothing? Were we just a one time deal?
I thought our friendship was solid. I thought it was real.

When did this happen? How did we drift so far?
I heard you moved out and have your own car.

If I saw you one day, just passing by
I'd greet you ever so warmly but inside I would cry.

I lost you somehow and I feel cold cuz deep down I know,
It was me who pushed you away: so bitter, so cold.

What I do now see is that you're a call away.
But we're both so busy- different lives. There we go pushing our frndshp astray.

Although the days go by and I sometimes forget,
the good times we've shared to the loss of memory r not a threat.

Just know, and this gives me great peace,
that you were a highlight in my life-and u are greatly missed.

You've left an imprint on my soul; in my life, played a big part.
I'd see you everyday -didn't know how fortunate I was- it hurts me now, like a dart.

All of our memories and all of our silly rants,
stay dear to me, my heart. Together we eliminated all the Cants.

The Coulds, the Woulds, the Shoulds and Regrets,
all that gone, why should they be present?- they're just inner debts.

So to you my friend,
remember me well.. this is not a good bye just an emotional spell.
I wish you..
with all the honesty and truth in my heart
that you achieve your desires
and get everything for which you aspire.
I might see you soon; could tell you in person, non-complex.
But words on paper for me r better expressed.

(And I promise that on our birthdays of thirty:
we will read all our 'books', sing all our songs, relive the bouncing beds and secret closets, roll up the transfers, squirt milk from our noses, dance to our favorite rhythms, drink our favorite drinks, share lipgloss and curling irons, bring old and new bf's into view.. a celebration of us!
like we pacted we would do)

No comments: