Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Glam of the 1940's-1950's

I've been youtube'ing a lot lately.. searching for some glam. Searching for something fun, something me, and something different. I must have watched about 50 videos.. lol.. and I found that the era 1940-1950.. is unbelievably awesome. I'm in love with the music, in love with the actors, with the dancers.. and the women! They were so sophisticated and proper.. so classy. The women definately outshun the men!

My favourite actress would have to be Rita Hayworth ( a video I have below) and my fav female dancer would be Cyd Charisee (also below). In the male category.. I was intrigued by the performances of Gene Kelly, Fred Astaire, James Dean, and Rock Hudson. Ooof!

Actress
Rita Hayworth,Gilda, 1946



Cyd Charisse, Meet Me in Las Vegas, 1956

1 comment:

Cristina said...

love it... nostalgia is the best word... i wish i could have danced in a pretty peacock blue dress and help a pistol in one hand... that would have been cool. Although it was a movie, "meet me in las vegas" the theater clips are incredible!
I like your style :P