Monday, December 15, 2008

Swing Sally Swing

Betty Boop a forgotten classic!
Now this is dance =) Sally Swing brings it to the floor lol.

Lately I've been inspired by the swing/jazz era of the early 20th CE. The dancing, the music, and of course the movies- are all amazing! It's a good thing we still have some record of this era- we can imagine what living @ that time was like.
The sudden like and urge for the revival of this music was intrigued by a somewhat dull night out this week. The bar/club we went to was so dry.. and the dance floor was full of wall flowers.. which annoyed the heck outta me lol.



I love how in the opening scene: Science is Golden (lol).. and I've never seen Jewish guys portrayed like that in any cartoon b4!
This one was taken from 1938- I checked out other cartoons from that era and they were so racist and stereotypic :S what a different world!

No comments: