Wednesday, June 11, 2008

"God" Bless you

So I was on the bus today heading to music class. But within me I felt deep uncomfort. I wasn't prepared all the best for todays class.. and wanted to practice some more before I came in. What I was looking for was time. Then.. Whamo! .. I got a call and to my expectations, the class was cancelled and rescheduled for a later time. I love when that happens.. on my way back home I was writing in my 'notebook'.. and a stranger started talkin to me randomly (flashback to my blog "in captivity of ourselves" lol). I was really taken aback b/c it was as if the universe was responding to me. I'm a deep believer that what you think, and how you think it.. you attract to yourself, those r the works of the universe.

{
Is there a God?
Or is this a case of accidental serendipity?
Is there something out there that can hear and answer our worries and concerns?
No. It failed me at times before.
It is us, ourselves, our energy we send out that reflects onto the universe.
The universe is trying to tell each of us smtn, it has our best interest in minds.
[Feelings and motives often ignored by many]
Listen. Listen to your inner self and you will satisfy your dwelling.

[INTERUPTION]

"Some ppl just don't listen. We are idiots", a man sitting next to me says.
Has he been reading what I just wrote on this bus ride?
He was commenting about a lady complaining to the bus driver about expensive fares.
The stranger adds again, in an East European accent,
"I'm studying at UfT, philosophy, and even I think I am an idiot sometimes".
At this moment, I am shocked. Talking to a stranger about idiocy?
I chuckle, and respond "No, I'm sure you just get caught up in weird moments".
He smiles and takes off his baseball cap; Balvaria, it said on the front.
"See this scar?" he points to his slightly disfigured head.
"It's a result of idiocy, a car accident. I was in a coma for 3 months. during these moments my wife was planning a divorce. This was five years ago."
"I'm sorry", I reply.
He smiles and nods, "44 is my age, big number, small in meaning".
I laugh, "well, you look younger".
"You are too kind", he says and gets up. This is his stop.
"God Bless you, and take good care of yourself".
}

Isn't that something else? This mans story; a coma, divorce, all in one. Wow. A stranger on the bus, yet for that instant he existed as someone I knew in my universe. He broke the rules of the red box. Who was he though? I probably won't ever see him again. He vanished behind the doors of the bus, and vanished from my life.

No comments: