Thursday, June 5, 2008

Amor.. my silly little puppy

Small black ball of fluff. That's how I remember him.
A little creature curious of everything he sees, smells, and touches.
Walking towards everything that looks unique but safe to him.
An adventurous little mind filled with compassion and love.
Not blinded by prejudice. Not filled with disgust or mistrust.

A companion that welcomes you with a huge smile and wagging little tail.
He waits by the bedroom door in the morning, listening to signs of slight movement.
Waits for you, no matter how grumpy and ridiculous you look when you wake up.
What matters is your presence.
He feels and shares that love, a special connection between you and him.
And he knows he's my boo bear, lying on his little back waiting for his belly to be tickled.

A joyful and vivid little character. A hyper and happy little soul.
Mischevious and protective in his own right.
Head turning slightly to the left, to the right. Did I do something wrong? he wonders.
Waiting to be taught and told.
Trade my shoe for a treat, a fair punishment, I think.
Little confused ball of fluff, he knows he did something wrong.. walking with his tail down.

Oh! but I love him anyway. His soft little black curls.
Bright pink tongue that gets its fair share of action.
Kisses, this little Romeo's favourite thing in the world.
Little floppy ears that catch on every word I say; "park", "treat", "toy".

My lively toy who keeps my feet warm at night.
The smallest things mean so much.
He always brightens a gloomy day, always accompanies me everywhere I go. The perfect companion for all seasons.

No comments: