Tuesday, August 25, 2009

My Place

A place she can call her own..
She has a home, yes,
but she wants to be connected to the earth.
She doesn't just want to walk carelessly on it or take advantage of it.
She wants to feel, to breathe, and to see it.
She wants to hold in her mind a vision
so she can have a taste of what she will be fighting for.


She needs this connection, this place, to ground her.
To remind her to stay alive
in case she forgets who she is and who she is yet to become.
And as she searched vast distances for those beautiful images of the world to fill her mind..
she settled on the one closest to home.

A place that satisfied the city-girl and nature-girl in her.
It bent both ways to represent her desire to be in the city jungle
and her natural drive to be outdoors.
She found it.. her escape.. a place to clear her over-complex mind
and to let go all the worries that clouded her goals.
Here she is herself and not anything is held back from her feeling so.


A place, my place now ,
is where I go gladly to overrun all the chaios in my life..

I'm glad I found what I was looking for:

Peace

No comments: