Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Sorry Santa

I thought I solved my thesis project problem.. but it turns out Santa Claus wasn't good enough. lol.

When I was volunteering today, one of the patients I was working with knocked over a Santa Claus figure. The patient, with a severe case of dementia, was crying and arguing when I tried to convince her to walk with me. Dementia produces hallucinations- and in her case, she was claiming the devil comes to her room and beats her at night =S. UUUmmm so she didn't want to walk cuz she was hurt very badly; I did manage to convince her that I was the good guy-- but she still refused to walk.

Aneways.. as I lifted this figure up, I couldn't help but notice that its body was made of a plastic cone! I have been having a bit of trouble recently looking for plastic cones. I need about 30 of them for my experiment. The real lab duty cones, "imhoff cones", are about 30-40$ each.. which is waayy out of my budget. So I thought I'd try out this Santa Claus cone- its plastic, looked pretty sturdy..

So here I am all smiles.. all nerdy, walking downtown with Santa Claus in my arms =) Turns out it was a bad idea.. but my prof gave me credit for trying haha. I did manage to put a few smiles on ppls faces.. but then I got some pretty weird ones on the subway.. so I started petting Santa and touching his beard haha. O man they probably thought I was.. loco!

On a happy note... this weekend looks pretty chills again =) I hope to put on my dancing shoes and relieve some tension n stress.
To answer an interesting yet offensive comment- I know what I want and I'm not letting anything stand in my way- I'm sorry if its not liked and if it comes out the wrong way. In other words there's a line btwn school n being "cool" haha =)
(neways, I doubt this blog is read by that individual so he'll just have to live with it and I'll keep this apology to myself for now =P)

**Oops :$

No comments: