Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Call

-Hello George.
Hey gorgeous, you havin a good time?
-Not particulary but I did what I came here to do.
What? you split them up?
-No, I said goodbye.
Good girl. I'm proud of you... It must disturb you, the dancing?
-I have big plans for dancing, just give me.. maybe 30-35 mins.
Oh the misery, the excuisite tragedy. I can picture you there sitting alone @ the table.. in you lavender gown...
-Did I tell you my gown was lavender?
..hair swept up, haven't touched your cake, nails drumming on the tablecloth like you do when you're upset. Perhaps looking at those nails thinking "God, I should've stopped all my evil plotting to have tht manicure"..
-George.. I didn't tell you my gown was lavender.

Suddenly a familiar song (8)..

..then you're off your chair in one swift movement, wondering, searching, sniffing the wind. Has God answered your little prayer? will Cinderella dance again?
and then suddenly the crowds part.. and there he is.
Sleek, stylish, radiant with charisma.
Bizarly he's on the phone.
But then.. so are you.. and he comes towards you, moves of a jungle cat.
You think- what the hell. Maybe there will be marriage. Maybe there will be sex.
But by God there WILL be dancing!

No comments: