Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Costume Day.. not for me :P


So first of all, Happy Halloween!

Second of all, booo my costume days are over.

I did attempt to make a costume earlier this month.. and it was going rather well except for a few exceptions..
1. my model form (that i was supposed to "sew" on) wasn't as easy to make as I thought
-the plan was to duct tape my body- done by the bf ofcourse ;)- and when it was removed, the tape would have le shape of my bod. It was going swell! except we ran out of duct tape when we got under le female chest area. lol. That, and when we took the tape off, my shorts ripped right down the mid arse! HA!

2. the fabric i wanted was soo expensive !

Oh yess, and 3. I had no sewing machine, all was to be done by hand.

Maybe this sounds like a bad idea now.. but trust me, at the time it sounded reasonable! I still intend to make myself a dress.. but I'll need a lot more time to do it! (**darn those youtube videos! they make it look soo easy!)

Aneways, so I wouldn't be me if I didn't have a Plan B. Thus, my choices of costume for Halloween 2008 are:

1. Wrap myself in a bed sheet in a toga-like manner and portray the roman/greek goddess I was originally supposed to be.

2. Wrap myself in toilet paper and go as a mummy LOL//

3. Make myself a "duct tape dress" and go as a... super hero.. very sexy truss me =).

If all else fails, have a good one!


Update! Update! (As of October 32cnd.. sigh its November already)...

So this being an excellent but very cheap Halloween 2008, I didn't follow any of my Plan B's.

I did however create smtn different... with some help... a few pins, a mask from Dollarama (haha), an orange pashmina.. and my "out of season" leopard print dress =)

It's soo good to re-use and recycle!.. heck I'll wear that thing again sometime! (i loved it)
P.S - next year is definately gunna be all out!

No comments: